Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Text of President Obama's Speech

For those of you who are interested in reading the text of the president's speech to school children today, here's the link.

I was happy to see that the president stayed on the subject -- encouraging kids to stay in school and do their best -- without meandering into more controversial subjects. The White House could have headed off a lot of unwarranted criticism if they had simply released the text of the speech in advance, so parents could view it before their children saw it the next day.

In any event, I hope you'll take time to read this through, and share it with your kids as you deem appropriate. As for me, I'm glad that my kids go to South Arbor -- where this kind of encouragement and positive role modeling is something they get every day through their teachers and parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment