Wednesday, December 23, 2009
I understand that Chris Laurinec's surgery was successful -- today Stephanie received word that they got all the cancer, which is a wonderful Christmas gift for the whole family! They expect Chris to be coming home soon.
Thank you for continuing to remember these two families in your prayers.
Thursday, December 17, 2009
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America pageant.
4 Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress.
6. Name the last decade's worth of World Series winners.
How did you do? None of us remember the head liners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. But the applause dies. Awards tarnish... Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Here's another quiz. See how you do on this one:
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special!
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
Easier? The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They simply are the ones who care the most.
Pass this on to those people who have either made a difference in your life, or whom you keep close in your heart, like I did.
Look! Up in the sky! No wait ... in the Parent Room!
It's not a bird, or a plane, or a flying mop!
It's ZERO HERO, who flew in first class (okay, it was on the Booster dime, so it was coach) to tie up ten unsuspecting kindergardeners to teach them the number TEN!
Thanks, Mr. Hero ... whoever you are.
In addition, Boosters/SALT gave each teacher and staff member (who did not already receive at least one from a parent) a gingerbread treat as well as a cookbook for their holiday gift. The teachers seemed very happy to get these!
Tomorrow hospitality is hosting a holiday lunch for the teachers at school. Boosters will be holding a special store in the morning, with coffee and donuts available in the Parent Room for just fifty cents. Come and get your last-minute gifts -- there are a handful of gingerbread men left for purchase, too!
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Friday, December 11, 2009
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Dr. Richard Ingram will be conducting. Each year community members gather to sing (orchestra and choir) selections from Handel's "Messiah." Musical scores are provided. Just bring your voice, a plate of holiday treats to share ... and a friend!
Thursday, December 3, 2009
"We asked educators to weigh in on parents.com. Here's what they want:"
* A gift card .......... 63%
* Something crafty/homemade ........ 25%
* Cash .................... 8%
* A big gift that a few families pitched in on ..... 4%
HINT: We still have some gingerbread treats available for purchase ($6), and you can attach the gift card of your choice! Just come to the school store on Friday afternoons!
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Allen Morgan and Lisa Egmon, who are co-chairing the event, can use all the help they can get! If you're interested in lending a hand with securing prizes or setting up the event, please contact them at email@example.com.
If you have any autographed books you'd be willing to donate for our autograph table, please let me know! You can reach me (Heidi) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* $175 for spelling bee expenses (previous meeting)
* $525 for Giving Tree (to supplement donations and NJHS raffle money)
* $850 for Science Fair (table rentals, prizes)
* $300 for National Junior Honor Society induction expenses
* $400 for 2nd and 3rd Quarter House Pizza Party
* $185 for Band Registration Fees (Band Festival on March 4 or March 20)
If more families contribute to the Giving Tree fund, there will not be a need to spend this allocation -- so if you haven't yet contributed to the Giving Tree, please plan to do so by Friday, December 11. The committee is requesting cash donations ... you can drop them in the Boosters Box, or at the Boosters Store on Friday.
Thanks in advance for helping us give our South Arbor kids a memorable holiday season!
Or check out this video!
Afraid your child might lose your order? Boosters is also having a special store on the morning of December 18. We will also be serving coffee and donuts, and have our "cash and carry" scrip cards on display for you to take with you. (If you buy a mug, your coffee is free!)
Don't forget to place your order for scrip to take care of the rest of your shopping, too! To place your order electronically, just go to "Shop with Scrip" and set up your personal account. Orders placed by Friday (either electronically or paper via Booster Box) can be picked up the following week.
Just put your form with payment (cash or check payable to SABC) in the Booster Box.